Lingvist is a language learning app that helps people to learn languages smarter and faster. We use AI-driven algorithms to personalize your learning experience, resulting in increased retention of the language and faster progress.
The prototype for Lingvist was developed by our CEO, Mait Müntel, as a hobby project at CERN, while working as part of the team that discovered the Higgs boson particle. After showing the prototype to the core engineers who built Skype and changed the world with video calls, they co-founded Lingvist to make the next big thing happen in the Edtech space.
Up to now, we have been focused on the technology, but we have currently reached the point where we’re ready to scale up our marketing activities and are therefore looking for a freelance digital graphic designer to help our marketing team produce visual assets for our marketing channels. This is not a full-time position, so we are looking for someone who can work with us regularly on a project basis, 5-6 days per month with the possibility of extension.
You will work closely with our Senior Growth Marketing Designer, who will provide guidance regarding the Lingvist Brand Identity and Style Guide. We are looking for a digital graphic designer that will help to create illustrations and digital images for the Lingvist website, social media, and occasionally for digital advertising and email marketing.
You will be responsible for maintaining the company’s brand aesthetics, internally and externally. This includes maintaining the company’s visual representation in all aspects of design, including typography, composition, and color. Your creative talents will be applied to digital advertisements, marketing materials, sales documents, and web graphics.
In collaboration with our Senior Growth Marketing Designer, the digital graphic designer is responsible for developing company imagery and delivering a powerful and consistent brand. This will be achieved via digital and print form, and by leveraging proven graphics ability with great attention to detail.
Design, layout, and production of marketing materials
- Create illustrations and digital images for the Lingvist website, social media, and occasionally for digital advertising and email marketing
- Occasionally design layouts for Keynote presentations to market and promote Lingvist’s services to the public
- Provide custom photography and photo editing for marketing materials
- Design identity, branding solutions, and marketing collateral
- Maintain brand standards and style
- Use typography, composition, color, and visual identity design to create marketing materials and promote Lingvist’s business
- Maintain and improve web graphics
- BA degree or equivalent in graphic design, marketing, communications, or a related field
- Advanced knowledge of current graphic design (and related) software applications: specifically, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch, and Figma
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong teamwork, time management, and project management skills
- Demonstrated initiative
- Ability to think creatively and problem-solve when faced with new challenges
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and deliver quality work in an efficient manner
- Flexibility as the role may require
Nice to have
- Animation / motion graphics skills are a plus
- Experience working in the EdTech industry is a plus
Most of the Lingvist team is based in Tallinn, Estonia; however, the CMO is based in London, and the current role can be based anywhere in the UK or Europe. The role can therefore be Tallinn-based or fully remote.
If this sounds interesting to you, then please apply through the Typeform link.