Lingvist helps people to learn 10x faster and better using cutting-edge AI-driven learning algorithms.
The prototype for Lingvist was developed by our CEO as a hobby project at CERN, while working as part of the team that discovered the Higgs boson. After showing the prototype to the core engineers who built Skype and changed the world with video calls, they co-founded Lingvist to make the next big thing happen in the Edtech space.
This technology has initially been applied to language learning, growing organically to 1M ARR and demonstrating exceptionally strong product metrics. As the next step, we’re integrating major music, e-book, and video consumer brands to speed up learning even more. Our long-term vision is to outscale this technology to other fields of education and accelerate human learning in almost any field – to make a massive positive impact on the world.
The technology is in place and we’re ready to scale up marketing, which is where you step in.
Who we’re looking for
If you have grown a digital consumer product through series A-B-C stages and love the growth journey, then the Lingvist team is looking for you. As an ideal candidate, you are a hands-on strategist. You know how to do things yourself and are good at finding even better people to do them as well. You want to build a consumer brand that really creates positive change.
To sum up, we’re looking for the following qualities:
- Marketing experience – 7+ years of experience in marketing: digital advertising using paid and organic channels with a demonstrable track record of delivering results
- Leadership experience – 3+ years of experience owning the marketing strategy of a B2C digital product with successful results and leading a growth team with the ability to recruit, retain, and motivate talent
- Marketing knowledge – deep knowledge of branding, paid and organic user acquisition, including paid search, paid ads, PPC, ASO, CRO and organic user acquisition, SEO, WoM, referral and affiliate programs, email, PR and partnerships, including tools for analytics and channel management, optimization methods, and effective strategies
- Data analysis skills – excellent data analysis and market research skills with a proven track record of using them on a daily basis for strategic and tactical decision making to achieve growth targets in paid and organic channels
- Organizational skills – excellent organization, time management, and prioritization skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills across levels, multidisciplinary teams, and to the end customers
- Motivation – driven, self-motivated, and passionate about working in a fast-paced, ever-growing environment, and an affinity for languages and/or the Edtech space, as well as personal development and obviously marketing
- Lingvist user – not a requirement, but it’s a huge plus if you have been a Lingvist user and have used the product to learn a language yourself
What you’ll do
As the VP of Marketing, you will lead Lingvist’s digital marketing, strategic planning, and, most importantly, execution across all channels to drive user acquisition and growth. You will work closely with our COO and product team and build a world-class marketing team.
- Strategy – develop and continuously adjust digital marketing strategy based on quantitative data, user research, company vision, competitive positioning, and personal experience
- Execution – find the best channel mix of paid and organic user acquisition and execute the implementation of campaigns hands-on, as well as overseeing the delegated parts of it to deliver on monthly milestones
- Team – build a high-performing and passionate marketing team to achieve the growth goals within the agreed budget, balancing when to execute on your own, when to outsource, and when to hire
- Measure – constantly measure and analyze the effectiveness of existing or new marketing channels to improve their performance and scalability, and drive results via well-selected OKRs
- Research – conduct qualitative and quantitative research on users and the competitive landscape to inform your decisions on strategy and execution
- Collaboration – work closely with the product team and COO to keep improving the product-market fit and to build long-term relationships with employees, clients, and stakeholders
- Budget – build and manage a 7-figure marketing budget to achieve user and revenue growth that meets the company’s goals
What we can offer you
- Growth journey – an exciting growth journey scaling a product that has exceptionally good product metrics (conversion, retention, and learning efficiency) and building your own marketing team
- Self-development – a commitment to supporting your self-development and career ambitions
- World-class team – the opportunity to work together with the world-class engineering team that built Skype and experts in AI/ML and cognitive science
- Openness and honesty – open and honest communication and feedback
- Talent and integrity – a working environment filled with talented people of high integrity
- Competitive compensation – a competitive salary to let you focus fully and enjoy what you do, as well as stock options that will make the success truly yours
- Full-time contract
- Location: Tallinn, Munich, or a remote arrangement in Europe with regular trips to Tallinn
If Lingvist sounds like a company you’d be interested in joining, then please fill out the form here.