Your use of our Services is subject to your acceptance of the Terms of Service and this policy. If you disagree with any provisions of either document, you must not use our Services.
(1) Information we collect
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information.
Information you provide. This includes your account information (email address and password), information about your learning preferences, and demographic information. If you subscribe to our paid Services, then we’ll request additional information, including your full name and payment method details.
Data we gather. This includes data about your computer and about your visits to our website and use of our Services (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation, and learning records).
Transaction records. * his includes information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to the delivery of Services to you, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or Services.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Our payment services providers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including ours.
(3) Using your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- enable your use of the Services;
- personalise the Services for you;
- improve the Services;
- send to you non-marketing communications including but not limited to technical service notifications, responses to your customer support requests, account statements and invoices, and any notifications you have requested;
- if you have specifically agreed to this, send to you marketing communications (you can inform us at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our user base – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- collect payments from you; and
- maintain records of our business transactions as required by applicable law.
If you submit your personal information as part of your user content, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We may use the data we gather, and non-personally identifiable demographical data you provide, to create derived data, algorithm improvements, or other “derivative information”. You expressly agree that such derivative information is no longer considered your personal information, and that you will have no claims whatsoever as regards such derivative information.
Upon termination of your user account for whatever reason, we will:
- immediately and permanently delete from our active databases your account information and any other personally identifiable information you have provided;
- keep the data we gathered, including without limitation your learning records, and non-personally identifiable demographic information you have provided, for as long as we see fit; and
- retain the transaction records for as long as we are required to do so by the applicable laws and financial regulations;
- retain any backups containing your data until their scheduled expiration dates.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
(5) International data transfers
This may result in your personal information being transferred to countries (including the United States of America) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in our home jurisdiction.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
(6) Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website). We are unable to recover your lost or forgotten password, but you will be able to generate a new one if you still have access to the email address associated with your user account.
(7) Changes to this policy
If we revise this policy, we will notify you about it (e.g. via email or when you use the Services again). If you do not agree with the revised policy, you may terminate your user account.
(8) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to optout of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
(9) Third party websites
Our Services may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(10) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.