Learning past midnight, see wrong card counting in Progress/Today

• Yesterday I learned my 100 cards and some new words. Today at 1am I continued but I see my cards and new words count is taken from yesterday i.e. I am going past 100 cards now. What is strange, that the History page shows the correct data for today (see screenshots).
    0_1526259748813_01.jpg
    0_1526259755738_02.jpg

What is the reason and what can I do?

• works@Lingvist

Hey @Vladimir-A-Shekhovtsov, @dev_temp I'm totally late for a timely response, but I wanted to leave this here for future reference. Indeed, Lingvist day starts at 3AM, however, this isn't because of the way you learn and forget words after midnight. We used to have the day shift at midnight and got a lot of requests from learners who reported discontent as their learning session was 'broken', leading them to miss their daily goals. This is how we came up with a 3AM solution, which enables might owls to learn within the frame of the same day.

In the screenshot above, indeed, there is a confusion between how your stats display on the Progress/Today and the History graphs. We've been battling the pesky bug several times, but it has been coming back. At the moment, we don't have a task in the backlog targeting stats attribution for midnight learning, which means that the most recent update tackling the issue has been released. If the problem persists, shoot us an email to bug@lingvist.io

• thanks a lot, I did not know about 3am threshold, now I can plan accordingly

• @Vladimir-A-Shekhovtsov Lingvist is trying to follow the conception of a learning day that ends at 3 am, which is a great idea in theory, but thanks to the laid-back implementation, not all of the subsystems follow that concept, that leads to all sorts of troubles especially for those switching between web and mobile. There is not a lot you can do accept observing, adjusting and tolerating. Earlier doing a card from a mobile client after midnight used to start a new learning day or make word counter stuck. I guess you have try and see for yourself.

P.S. the idea behind this is that the words you've learned before midnight are still fresh and do not magically settle down after 12 am. Lingivst guys assumed that even if you are a night owl, you would go to bed before 3 am, thus have a break and a new learning day will start just after that.

Recent topics: