When will the Spanish course get extended?

• works@Lingvist

Some of you have asked, when will the Spanish course get new words?
    Our Spanish linguist has the same question.

Here's what has been happening behind the scenes:

Keeping up with the commitments of the previous quarter, course focuses took priority and the product team was keen on delivering them across language pairs. Javi, our Spanish linguist, is very passionate about two things:

• George Elliot (It is never too late to be what you might have been.)
    • the Spanish course.

Javi convinced product to carve out time for the Spanish course extension ahead of their schedule, and the work is due to begin any day now.

From the moment he starts working on the task it shall take approximately 1,5 months before you guys will be able to see the words in your courses. Perhaps @Javier could ping us all here when he lays his hands over the Excel sheets.

Muchas gracias por su paciencia 🖤

• Hi Marina,

@marina said in When will the Spanish course get extended?:

George Elliot (It is never too late to be what you might have been.)

I very much like this phrase!

Don't be discouraged if one thing, you really want to do / where you want to get better or what you really want to be yourself, does not work well immediately on the first try.

"Steter Tropfen höhlt den Stein!".
    "Gib niemals auf!"

I saw a very inspiriring video on Youtube from Josh Kaufman "The first 20 hours - how to learn anything" on a TED Talk:

More inspirations how to maybe completely change ones life: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/27492547/Looking-for-an-inspiration-why-to-learn-new-languages-Train-watersports-and-visit-the-country

I would like to wish your team good success with extending your Spanish course....one day, I may be able to benefit from it.

Best regards / Viele Grüße aus Deutschland

Recent topics: