Félicitations à la France 🇫🇷 🇭🇷

• works@Lingvist

Many of us have been following the World Cup and rooting for France yesterday (including our French linguist @Kärt), félicitations à la France! 🇫🇷
    0_1531747942237_macron.png
    (Photo courtesy of Telegraph)

If anybody is planning a trip to France in the coming months, make sure to check out our special Course Focus "A weekend in Paris”! Don’t have a paid subscription? Reach out to hello@lingvist.io and we will extend your trial to test out the course focus.

Some of us have been seriously rooting for Croatia. For example, @Marina🇪🇪 and @Jonn were very much impressed with their courage and energy during the match:

As some of you may already know, our German linguist @lisa-lingvist is such a big fan she even created a "Talking Football” Course Focus for the EN>DE learners. Alas, her team didn’t get far this time, but we look forward to seeing them play in Qatar. ⚽

Anybody who participated in our football league, raise your hands now ✋ 👇

@kaspar I'm French and I didn't do anything for this victory, I didn't play indeed. But I was rooting for Croatia, because in the room where we watched the match, the atmosphere wouldn't have been equilibrated otherwise. And from my poor understanding of football skills involved, I felt Croates played well!

• works@Lingvist

Nearly forgot one more team who left the field in grief, after losing to the Russians 3-4, after penalties.

If you happen to be travelling to Spain in the coming months, you probably should know the words you don’t want to bring up at least until the next Word Cup. Check them out in our “Talking Football” Course Focus, put together by @Javier.

Yeah, I was impressed by Croatia too, in this time they were realy cool guys✊

Recent topics: