German Learning Challenge

• Hello everyone! I’m Ryan, and I’m spending the next few days in Tallinn with the Lingvist team here. I decided to host a German learning challenge on the forum, which will last a week and consist of different tasks every day to complete in order to progress.

Who can participate, and what do you get out of it?

This challenge is for learners on Lingvist Free. The prizes will be Lingvist Unlimited subscriptions, and details will be announced on Monday, July 30th, once the challenge has begun.

Okay, I’m in. What do I have to do to begin?

If you would like to participate, please sign up before July 30th. All you have to do in order to sign up is comment on this post, with a short introduction: Your name, your reason for learning German, and your current level.
    The German Learning Challenge begins next Monday, the 30th of July, and ends a week later on August 6th. Every day we will post a new task, most of which will be focused around writing exercises. The daily task will be split into two levels according to the difficulty, and you can decide which one suits your abilities better. If you complete the task every day -- a total of 6 tasks (you have the ability to skip one day of your choice) -- you will have completed the challenge (and will become eligible for a prize raffle)!

• works@Lingvist

The Challenge is about to come to an end! You all have until the end of the day, Monday 6th, to try yourself at it!

• @ryan-ford hello my name is Mostafa i am from Egypt my German language is A1 i learn the German language because i plan to continue my study in Germany and i am in general interesting in the German culture

• Hi, my name is Marcell. I am currently on level 9. The reason I learn German is to access more sources of information (books, papers, news) and understand the world around me a bit better.

• Hello,

I'm Abigail from the United States. Coming from a family with both European (German) and Asian heritage, I've always been one to identify with both ethnic groups. I am interested in German culture and language, however, I am no where near proficient in the language itself, as my current level is around A2. I'm trying my best to reach a fluency in German with the help of some online materials and classes.

This challenge looked like a good idea to try out. I'm on board to join in if it isn't too late!

• @ryan-ford Hi.

I'm Rollo, I'm from Mexico, the main reason for me to learn German is being able to communicate with native German speakers as I'm planning visit Germany in a matter of months, and also I like to learn as many languages as I can (currently fluent on English and Spanish, and learning French). My current German level is basic. Know a few basic verbs and nouns, and struggling with all of the many different ways to say "the" 😔.

• Hi!

I'm Miriam. I'm Estonian, but I've been living in Bavaria for nearly a year now and Lingvist has been the main tool for developing my German skills. I am currently level 23 in Lingvist, which I'm guessing corresponds to about A2.

Bring on the challenge, I need all the extra motivation I can get!

• Hi, I'm Ellyce from New Zealand. I'm learning German since I've moved to Austria and want to stay here a while.
    I'm keen to try this challenge to keep me motivated.

• Hi,

My name is Aidan. Although I've lived in Germany for a while, all my work has been in English and my colleagues all spoke English... so unfortunately my German isn't as developed as it could be.

I'm happy to take part in this challenge to give my German a boost.

Furthermore, most of my practice has been in reading and listening comprehension, not speaking or writing, so it'll be interesting for me to have to write in German for a change.

Looking forward to it!

• Hi there, my name is Bence from Hungary. German is definitely a very popular language for business and lots of job positions require speaking it here in Budapest too. Although I wasn't really concentrating on this language and I'm quite a beginner, I would love to start focusing more and learning German so I could be able to apply for some of these positions. I love languages but I've never liked conventional language learning in schools, so I'm quite excited to use Lingvist even more frequently as an alternative!:)

• My name is Amy, my level is 1/49 and I would like to learn German to better communicate with my friends. Looking forward to the challenge!

Recent topics: