Has this been suggested already?

• I am at around 2000 words ın German, and I have been thinking, why are there no categories for words, similar to memrise for example. There are many words, acutally sentences that sounds very connected. So why not categorize words to different topics. I belıeve it would create another way to recall certaın words.

For example: "Jedes wort Zählt!" and "Ihre Auskunft war sehr hilfreich." and also another sentence that I can not remember right now with " Verdacht schöpfen" . Although words are not direclty connected, obviously context of these sentences are similar, it is something that is happening in the Police office, something to do with crime and punishment etc...What do you think?

• @henning-kockerbeck said in Has this been suggested already?:

In addition to the general courses, for some languages there are additional focuses. For example, the English course taught in German has a focus with business related words, and the French course taught in English has a focus called "A weekend in Paris". I'm not sure about the German course taught in English, though. Those additional focuses are part of the Lingvist Unlimited plan.

I have the unlimited plan- Yeah there is a special course in german about football but that is it. There are many words that could be grouped. If there is a well designed system even users themselves can categorize them. Imagine there are like 10-15 (or more) different folders for which users can name the headlines themselves. And when they see a word for the first time if they want they can add the said word under one of the headlines. This way they could just repeat certain type of words if they want to. For me it also make the words much easier to remember when I think of them under certain topic.

In addition to the general courses, for some languages there are additional focuses. For example, the English course taught in German has a focus with business related words, and the French course taught in English has a focus called "A weekend in Paris". I'm not sure about the German course taught in English, though. Those additional focuses are part of the Lingvist Unlimited plan.

• Well, there is the "Let's talk football" thing. Lingvist might benefit from having more than just that though. That's all I can add because I just joined 20 minutes ago

Recent topics: