My repeat stack spiked

Hello
I’m very unhappy about your latest update.
I spent more over 30 hours on your platform, in the order to improve my English level.
Every days I was connected after my job and I daily discovery new words.
So, since some days you had reset my progression or something like that.
Before I had on average 100-150 words to check before you suggest me news words. That was correct.
But now, its 700, 800 and today 1300 words to check before learn news words.
I haven’t enough spare time to check again words like: car, the, dad, baby, kids, blue, pink.…
You're serious? After 30 hours you ask me if I know this words.
Sincerely, since this event I can't continue to work on your website, because that waste my time to check during two hours if I know colors and numbers.
And like you can read, I haven’t finish my progression, I’m not fluent English, but I get some basis, and I need to check more complex words, like before.
Can you do something for me please?
Thank you

last edited by Marina

Thank you for raising this.

I have asked our developers to take a look on your account to see what has happened with it.

Lingvist graduate

I had something similar, I used to connect almost everyday (so few words to review) but one day Lingvist say that I have all the words I have already learned to review. I was a huge amount and I was a little desperate but I try to do as usual and the program despite what it said, made me review just few words and then gave my new words.
Today, Lingvist still say that I have 1982 words to review but I know that it is just a error.
So did you try the program ? Because maybe it will give you new words to learn like for me.

Thanks for letting us know.

We will check your account also.

We have finished our investigation about your accounts.

You answered correctly large number of new words in very short time-frame. We ask them to be repeated after a while. The way we assign them to be repeated will be improved in future to avoid assigning them all in few days.

Hello, I have same oppinion that the others.
We have too much words to repeat after a little break of several days.
Since one week, i can't learn new words because every day the application adds too much words to revise.
I have to check too much simples words that that I succeeded from the first shot.
I would be good if the tools still propose us news word despite a big list of revision.
Moreover there are currently quite a few bugs like no sounds when the sentence is reading.

Thank you for your response

We have a fix ready for the sound issue.

We are doing lasts quality checks on it.

We plan to push it out very soon.

Sound issue has been fixed now.

Hi there.

Actually, there is nothing bad with repeating, except, if it would not be repeating only.

From what I've seen in my account, I have 1000+ words to repeat. If I properly understood new logic, I will have new words only after repeating then all. And from practice, I haven't got a single new word in last 3-4 weeks - which is quite boring, isn't it?

My point - it would be just great to find some balance between repeating and new words. Otherwise, it's getting really boring.
Also, it would be useful to see some advance statistics, specifically, reason for repeating - how many words appears because of errors and how many just because it's time to repeat.

Hi. Veteran of spaced repetition here. The problem with giving you new cards when you've got 1000 to review is that your review number is going to go up up up and keep increasing, and you are not learning if your review stack is going up like that. Spaced repetition flat out doesn't work if you let reviews pile up like that. The reviews appear at optimal times for you to review them, and if you let them pile up, then you aren't reviewing them at the right time and will forget them or find recalling the meanings very, very difficult. This is why you /must/ stay up to date with your reviews. This is true of any studying, but spaced repetition makes it obvious /why/.

I noticed today that a change was rolled out that sets a goal of 80% correct reviews as a "milestone" to achieve each day (along with 100 reviews and . Try to shoot for 70–80% correct in your reviews. In my experience, this is the ideal range of correct reviews to shoot for. If you're getting less than 70% correct this suggests you're trying to learn new words too fast and aren't fully learning the ones you've already seen, and if you're getting more than 80% right, you could probably increase the number of new words you learn per day (that is to say, you could do more cards in general).

I suggest you sit down and knock out those 1000 cards and do nothing else. The next day, it should be fewer than 1000. The next day, even fewer than that. And so on and so forth until you finally get your count back under control. Because right now, with 1000 cards stacked up, you're not learning effectively, and the method Lingvist uses isn't going to produce good results. You /have/ to keep up with your reviews and study only a reasonable amount every day.

Looks like your connection to Home was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.