Sound doesn’t work on iOS iPhone app

• I’m new to Lingvist and each sentence used to play out loud... now that doesn’t happen anymore. Can’t see any way to switch the sound back on. Am I missing something obvious or is this an app bug/error? Anyone else having this issue?

• works@Lingvist

Hi @Victoria-Lee, if you are using AirPods (wireless headphones), then sound loss is expected at the moment. We are working on having it fixed. If you are using wired headphones, please shoot us an email to hello@lingvist.io and we will walk you through some troubleshooting steps to figure out what could be the case.

• @kaspar no - I’m using either no headphones when I’m home, or iPhone headphones when I’m out

• works@Lingvist

Are you by any chance using a Bluetooth headset while learning with Lingvist? There's a bug with using wireless headphones but a fix to that will come very soon.

• Ok thanks. Yesterday (before I saw your reply) the sounds started randomly working again. Today there’s no sound again.

I’ve just checked and the sound setting on my lingvist ios app was already on. Phone volume on loud. Still no sound playing...??

• works@Lingvist

Hi @Victoria-Lee,

Hope you're enjoying Lingvist so far!
    To switch the sound on/off, go to Account on your iOS app and then click on the gear icon at the top-right corner. Then you can toggle the sound on or off clicking the circle icon on the right-hand side.

Be sure that your phone is not on mute, to change that, switch the button on the side of your device to a position where you can not see the orange color.

Happy learning!

Recent topics: