WordReference and Linguee

I use both of these dictionaries almost daily and they are fantastic. They both offer many languages, are both apps and websites, but they have different strengths and work great alongside the other. I mostly use WordReference for looking up single words or common phrases, checking conjugations, and browsing the forums. I use Linguee for looking up more specific phrases as it searches through many bilingual websites to find you real translations of what you need to say. Anyway, I really recommend that you check them out!

@Graeme said in WordReference and Linguee:

I mostly use WordReference for looking up single words or common phrases, checking conjugations, and browsing the forums. I use Linguee for looking up more specific phrases as it searches through many bilingual websites to find you real translations of what you need to say.

Hi @Graeme, first of all, thanks for sharing these too great resources with us!

I looked into both WordReference and Linguee, and have been enjoying using them! :) I'm impressed by the number of languages these sites include. Also, just like you said, the feature that lists external bilingual sources of phrases that you're looking for is particularly useful when it comes to nuances and various contextual usages.

Here are some snapshots for those of you who haven't got a chance to check them out yet:

If I may, I'd like to share some interesting English dictionaries with you as well. ;)

1. Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary
    I'm sure you've all heard of Merriam-Webster, along with all the big names, such as Cambridge, Oxford, Collins...etc. This learner's Dictionary, however, explains meanings using simple English, therefore is particularly suitable for early-stage English learners who likes challenges!

2. visuword
This one is just so cool to look at. Especially if you're the kind of person, who is interested in word family, etymology, and prefers some visual stimulation!

Hope you'll have a chance to check them out. If you do, let us know what you think! :D

Looks like your connection to WordReference and Linguee was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.