10 Ways to Say "Yes" - Vote For Your Favourite!

There are also more trivial options to agree, such as those below, but we are not including them in the poll to test the less standard expressions:)

• Yep, Yeah, Uh-huh, Yup, By all means, Ok, Okey-dokey;
  • Sure, Surely, Totally, Right on, Very well.

Any other ways to agree? Post in the comments!

This poll is inspired by the Oxford Dictionary blog post.

have you seen all?:)
I'm Japanese and I haven't been abroad. And I haven't see a few of this list before:O For example Rightto,Yuppers and ja...

@googol sometimes it could even be RightYo! ;) Yes, very colloquial but they do exist.

@Lisa-Ockinga thank you for your reply! I didn't know English has many ways to say Yes.

googolさん、たくさん「yes」の言い方があるんですが、だいたい「yes」や「sure」の変形です。以外に外来語です。

例えば、「ja」というのはドイツ語の「へい」なんですけれどもドイツ語が英語を影響したんだからね。「yuppers」というのは「yes」の変形です。

時間がかかればかかるほど、yes>yep>yup>yuppersとスラングのように変わります。

など

Lingvist graduate

Another word for yes is "affirmative." It comes from the military, so it has a military connotation. But for those of you who play video games, it is perfect for that.

certainly, definitely, for sure all mean yes as well

Lingvist graduate

Roger (just like the name, Roger) means yes when you are talking on the radio. You will hear it a lot in war movies. ... oops that was one of your original 10, I should have re-read the question.

last edited by Barry Lagueux Chapin

text

Where I'm from, Boston MA, we tend to say "alright, sure, yeah, ok or k" a lot.

My go-to is "Yogi!" Also, borrowing from the Simpsons, "Okely-dokely, neighbor!"

last edited by spoko

@Barry-Lagueux-Chapin and @dev_temp "roger" just means "received/understood" and comes from a WWII-era way of spelling words on the radio. "Roger" was the word for "R" which was the first letter of "received." It doesn't indicate any affirmative agreement.

If someone says "Do you like pizza?" "Roger" is wrong. If someone says "go pick up pizza," "roger" is an OK response, although it sounds a bit weird to me. ("Roger that" is slightly less so)

last edited by Kyle Goetz
last edited by dev_temp

lmao it's true except I'm 100x better looking with big muscles and surrounded by women all the time???

@Marina and @Lisa-Lingvist calling BS and shouting WHERE IS THAT HIKING VIDEO SELFIE YOU PROMISED US ;)

last edited by Kyle Goetz

@Kyle-Goetz Was just gonna say Kyle! And have you and @dev_temp received mail yet???? We want to see what they look like on!

Roger that! @dev_temp sent me a quiet message saying fo'shizzle he received the mail but Kyle has been even quieter. He went Estonian on us, affirmative.

Looks like your connection to 10 Ways to Say "Yes" - Vote For Your Favourite! was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.