XML Parsing Errors, Stats Sidebar missing, etc.

I'm getting a lot of errors in my browser console today. XML Parsing Error: no root element found Location: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/web-client-logs-lingvist-io Line Number 1, Column 1, Intercepted raven error TypeError: e.session_break_ts is null, etc. Repeats every question I answer.

The sidebar for statistics doesn't come up at all (a space for it is made, but no graphs, no number for cards in review stack, etc.). And the countdown until next milestone is frozen and won't count down anymore even though I'm answering cards still.

Did it happen in middle of night?

We have fixed this issue on last Friday.

You need to reload your browser to get updated files.

Can you please let us know if it's fixed for you now?

Yes. It happened in the middle of the (US Central time zone) night, or at least late in the evening. But it only happened that one day. The only other "bug" I've seen since then like this is that after you do 50 cards and reach a milestone, then it will sometimes say 10 cards until next milestone, and then at some point in the next 10, it will resume "correct" countdown to 0 from 50 as if it had been correct.

Like I will see 10. And then if I answer 3, it will count down to 7, but then instead of going to 7, it will go to 47, which is what it should have been all along. So basically I'd see 50, 49, ..., 2, LAST CARD, 10, 9, 8, 47, 46, . . . , 2, 1, LAST CARD, 10, 9, ..

Maybe this is on purpose to encourage people to do 10 more after doing 50, or maybe it's a cache thing? I haven't inspected what's happening network-wise since this isn't an obstacle. It's more of a side note of "oh, that's interesting, I wonder why that's happening" kind of thing.

In any case, keep up the good work. I'm really enjoying Lingvist and have found it a very productive way of growing my German vocab while I supplement with speaking with natives via video chats.

last edited by Kyle Goetz

Thanks for the reply.

We know about this bug on the milestones. We are AB testing right now new and improved milestones. In case they work out well then we will roll them out to everyone in few weeks.

The new version does not suffer from that bug anymore.

Looks like your connection to Home was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.