Lingvist Graduates

YOU are on fire! Amazing! You managed to complete the entire course in the language you chose. Congratulations!

alt text

We hope you really just would like the course to continue… Good news is, we are working on extending our Spanish, German and Russian courses. Check back in a while if more cards have been added.

In the meantime, you can #hack Lingvist by leaving more time between sessions to get more words to review next time.

If you are interested in language proficiency exams in German, Spanish, Russian, French and English - post a question to the respective studio. For English proficiency exams links (TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS), check this thread.

Most importantly, if you’d like more words to be added to your course, plus 1 below (and let us know which course you’ve completed). Any other advice you can share with other graduates?
Post below.

Hi to everybody
Great app, great job ! Keep on recommending it!
Since February, did you have time to add the announced new cards in Spanish. Summer will be great period to devote time and pleasure to learning these new opportunities
In all cases, well done
Philippe

Hi @Hadrien!

Thank you very much for getting in touch!

Regarding your query, we have been adding cards to our English-Spanish course in small batches since February, but now we are getting ready for a slightly bigger update which, hopefully, will be ready by the end of August.

Nevertheless, our courses are always in permanent expansion so, please, stay tuned! ;-)

We really appreciate your interest and amazingly positive feedback!!

¡Feliz aprendizaje!

last edited by Javier

Hi Lisa,
I'd appreciate an expansion to the course English for German learners. I've been doing this course for a couple of days now, and I love the concept! My English reading skills were fairly good before I even began, but difficulties occured as soon as I tried to express my own thoughts in English, and this course satisfyingly filled the gaps. I was like "Wow, this is the thing! Who needs duolingo, anyways?". So I started practicing and having quite some fun albeit being somewhat ashamed about how many "basic" terms I could not remember. (I even had to look up several words for writing this text.) This is what happened: Just after having scolded myself for yet another word that would't come to my mind, a message popped up saying something like "Congratulations! You have successfully completed this course!", and I was like "Wtf? There's so much left to discover!".
To cut a long story short - please continue doing your excellent job on my beloved English course!

Deutsche Studenten

@Lisa-Lingvist, @Javier
Hi Lisa, Javier and everybody!
With initial test I've got only 600 words to study from 5000+. I wonder weather the algorithm will show me all the words that it made me skip or I have to start from scratch (new account) to make sure I know every word in the course?

Hey @Abstract, jumping in here ahead of @Lisa-Lingvist and @Javier, who are solving big linguistic problems right now :)

At first... well-done for skipping 4000+ words! It's an impressive result and also a signifier that our course at the moment will be too easy for you. We could reset your account to offer you a chance to start from scratch, but it seems that you will have more fun doing something more challenging at the moment. What about estimating your total vocabulary size, for example (and checking with other graduates where they continue learning)?

Deutsche Studenten

@Marina
Hi and thank you Marina!
You are absolutely right, it's unreasonable for me to start from scratch timewise and I actually have to study german already. :) So I will deal with my perfectionist issues on clozemaster and will be back for german from russian course (I have a feeling that it's coming) or german from english course which is totally fine for me. Anyways you guys are doing tremendous work. Lingvist is the best place to learn a language even on that early stage. Thank you guys and keep it up!

@Abstract as much as I'd wish to see German from Russian myself, I must let you know that this course is nowhere in the development at the moment (alas): It appears that you will have no problem doing the English>German course. I've invited you to join The German group to kick off your studies ;)

Looks like your connection to Home was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.