Vote for your most wanted language pair here!

• thomas-heiss said in Vote for your most wanted language pair here!:

leslie-richford said in Vote for your most wanted language pair here!:

English or German to Portuguese, please, but not Brazilian, only portugues europeu.

Why not both? I am learning BR.
    I would be very satisfied with any Portuguese variant.

Audio for PT-EN should be playable as a workaround as Portuguese, not English!!

@Lisa-Lingvist @Kaspar

Isn't it for your developer team much easier to create forward courses like EN-PT from already existing PT-EN reverse courses?

Is there any workaround for PT-EN with not having to waste too much time and developer resources to play this Portuguese audio?

What does all this voting in this thread help here if you would have to create a new language course completely from scratch vs using those available courses and just switch the direction?

How does it work technically to build a new EN-PT course from the existing PT-EN course?

Sorry, I am really more into learning Portuguese than Spanish right now.
    My original plan is to continue with Portuguese for this and probably also next year and once I learned some Spanish fundamentals on DuoLingo, Memrise, Mondly, etc. to return to Lingvist for Spanish....

Viele Grüße aus Deutschland

Thomas

• Persian and Italian for English speakers.
    I have a feeling that it's better to keep it one way( "any language" for "English speakers") otherwise it will be so hard for those who "work@Lingvist" to make all the courses. 🙂
    thank you for all the hard work.

• A Swedish course would be amazing since there aren’t really a lot of resources available and Duolingo alone won’t do me much good.

• My vote would be Dutch to French as I am learning now English to French but I am Dutch. Dutch to French would be super.

• My vote would be to English to Greek
    Also, have you ever considered ancient languages? Ancient Greek, Latin, Sanskrit...

• works@Lingvist

Hi @mabdulle,

We used to have Arabic but we discontinued the course for a combination of business and technical reasons.

Best

• Hi, is there any update on the language choices for 2018? Any chance that Arabic will be on there? It would be a life-changer for me.

Kind regards

• @leslie-richford said in Vote for your most wanted language pair here!:

English or German to Portuguese, please, but not Brazilian, only portugues europeu.

Why not both? I am learning BR.
    I would be very satisfied with any Portuguese variant.

Audio for PT-EN should be playable as a workaround as Portuguese, not English!!

• I voted 'English to Norwegian' because it's my most wanted on that list- but I would love to see 'English to Welsh' one day from your team.

I sent an email about that and was directed here, so I'm saying it here. This will also be a repeat sentiment, but; I really enjoy the Lingvist app and program format. I am taking the 'Engliah to Spanish' course right now. I appreciate your courses a lot and am glad they exist; I think the world always needs good programs for language-learning.

• 我强烈希望你们能推出用中文学习日文。投给日文一票!我真的非常非常需要。再不快点的话,我准备自己造一个。(开玩笑的)

• English to japanese would be a good follow-up considering you already offer the japanese to english.

• English or German to Portuguese, please, but not Brazilian, only portugues europeu.

• English to Japanese please!

• Lingvist graduate

The voting doesn't seem to work for me so I'll just write my wish here. I would like to see a Korean for English speakers course.

• Czech from English / French / German / Russian or Ukrainian would be amazing. Ukrainian is very close actually.

• French>Spanish
    And the absolutely necessary for linguistic justice :
    English>Esperanto

• works@Lingvist

Hi there!

Thanks for sharing your views with the Lingvist community!

Regarding your query, we haven't chosen a geographical variety but a linguistic one: Neutral Spanish.

If you want to find more about the specificities of such variety, please check this forum thread.

¡Feliz aprendizaje!

• Maybe this is silly, but perhaps it's close enough to what you already have for it to be relatively simple to implement: I'd love to see Latin American Spanish (from English) as an option. I know European Spanish will still get the job done, but Latin American would be much more practical for my needs, since there are tons of Latin American Spanish speakers where I am in the US.

• English to Polish

• I would very much like to see Hindi listed as an option to vote on. Hindi is one of the most-spoken languages in the world; according to this source, it may have even overtaken Mandarin as the most widely spoken of all languages.

I also hear Hindi spoken in my daily life, because there are a lot of Indians living in my community.

Recent topics: