Missing Special Characters

I am learning German from English. I use Firefox (version 51) to open Lingvist. Yesterday evening (UTC+7) I started having trouble with the special characters menu. I had been gladly using the shortcut outlined here, but it stopped working. I could still open the menu, but pressing the number that corresponded to a given character gave the number, not the character. I resorted to using the mouse. Now, the mouse button to open the character menu is gone, and SHIFT+UP also does not work. The only way I have to enter in special characters is by copy-pasting from another document or site. This is a serious issue that is preventing me from using Lingvist at all for the time being.

Thank you for reporting the issue. I have created a bug report and I hope it will be fixed soon. I am also stuck in the "German" course because of this bug :)

@goodbyemrevans-lingvist2, we were pretty surprised to see the diacritic button disappear ourselves!
OMG

As @Andres-Kaasik mentioned, we are working on getting it back. We'll update this thread.
Thanks for being our learner in times of trouble!

It looks like they're back, thanks!

Looks like your connection to Home was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.