Ability to temporarily disable learning new words

I find that Lingvist forces me to learn too many new words per day and I don't remember most of them. I'd like to be able to temporarily disable new cards or limit the number per day so I can focus on revising the weak words from the previous few days. I think this would help me improve my correct repeat percentage and consolidate what I learn.

Did you find a way to change it, @izaak2 ?

Hey guys,

You can't disable new words because they are following the spaced repetition regimen. At the same time, I would like to encourage you to not be concerned about it for several reasons:

1. The app may actually know better when to show you new words because the queue is governed by your past answers;
  2. Our experience of frustration and a lack of confidence when acquiring new material is a natural part of learning and a signifier we are on the learning path.

Here's a video explaining the spaced repetition approach:

Successful learners are known to be learning with multiple platforms. This means that you can use your word-list to identify the material you struggle with the most and spend some time outside of the app focusing on that material. Then come back to the app and continue learning.

Think of it as a workout practice with a coach. Your trainer will be giving you new challenges whilst you are still attempting to do the perfect squat. If something is really difficult for you, it is likely to become a "leitmotiv" challenge, which you most likely will be solving by the application of new techniques to the same problem.

Looks like your connection to Ability to temporarily disable learning new words was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.