GUI broken for RTL languages

Hello, since the update from a week ago I can't use the android app since the area to fill in a word is covering part of the sentence. I use LG G3 with android 5.
Thank you.

last edited by Marina

Latest version (3 days old according to Play Market) on LG G3 with Android 6 works like a charm. Just saying...

Strangely enough, my appears a bit different:
*I have menu grid on the left and progress chart on the right;
*I have a level indicator at the bottom.
Have you tried to close that nifty dialog at the bottom by pressing "got it"? Is that changes anything for you? I know, there is a difference in Android versions, but still...

"Got it" button doesn't change anything.
I think this bug has to do with my phone being in Hebrew which right-to-left. Before the last update the entire GUI was reversed (like you describe yours), but it flipped since the update.
Please see if your app is sensitive to RTL/LTR OS changes.
Thanks.

Update: I tested it, and when I change my phone's language to English the app works fine.
I would appreciate if you fixed this bug, thanks.

I'm glad you found a workaround. Greetings to Lingvist QA team.

works@Lingvist

What an interesting bug this is! We'll look into it and try to solve it. We'll keep you informed!

Thank you both!

Hey guys, great discussion! @Yevgeni-Korsunsky you troubleshot it with lightning speed 😄

Greetings back from our QA arrived with a confirmation that the issue indeed has to do with Right-To-Left languages. Sadly, this isn't something we can fix right now. As you may have heard, we recently launched in Japan and Taiwan and these markets require our attention at the moment.

#tasks-priority-battles

Thanks for learning with us!

@Marina said in GUI broken- covered sentence:

As you may have heard, we recently launched in Japan and Taiwan and these markets require our attention at the moment.

No, that is something your blog is pretty sneaky about. Isn't Japanese also right to left and top to bottom, that supposedly should also trigger this behavior? I wonder if it doesn't.

last edited by Raul Liive
admins

@dev_temp Actually, this was announced on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram several times over the last weeks. Perhaps you should also follow us there so you don't miss any more news!
https://www.facebook.com/TheLingvist/
https://twitter.com/lingvist
instagram.com/thelingvist/

As a Japanese speaker and former journalist who was writing in Japanese, I will assure you that the digital standard for writing in Japanese is LTR. It's rarely used in software and webapp products because it has the likelihood to break things if they're not native Japanese-language software that uses a IME (such as ATOK or similar — same goes for Chinese).

last edited by Jen

Looks like your connection to Home was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.