Mobile app support & offline mode

Is it possible to download this program in order to work off line?

last edited by Marina

Hey @Angus-MacDonald, you can download the app for iOS and Android, but it won't fully support you offline at the moment. You can, however, count on about 15 minutes of learning without Internet.

Compatibility requirements:
Andoird 4.4 and up
iOS 9.0 and up

For older versions we suggest using a mobile browser version, although your experience may be limited.

last edited by Marina

Hi, @Marina
Is there a plan to support android 4.1?

4.1-4.3 combined market share is 9.1 % and dropping. What part of this audience (running old Android on an old device) is potentially paid customers?

Hi @C-F-Koenigg, there are no plans to extend support to older versions, sorry about that.
If there is no chance for you to switch to another device, you could try running Lingvist in your mobile browser, however your experience may be limited.

@Marina For what it's worth, I find the experience of using Lingvist in a mobile browser just as good as the native Android app - with the exception that you don't get the 15 minutes of offline use. If you use Chrome as a browser, you can even add a shortcut to learn.lingvist.com to the home screen, and then it's difficult to tell that it's a web app rather than a native app. The only real difference in design or functionality between the two that I can see is the "levels" information in the Android app, which I think is anyway unnecessary clutter.

I really like the simple design and lack of distractions in the Lingvist interface, so I hope you don't start adding too much more complication to the Android app.

@Rob-Fuller said in Mobile app support & offline mode:

The only real difference in design or functionality between the two that I can see is the "levels" information in the Android app, which I think is anyway unnecessary clutter.

I really like the simple design and lack of distractions in the Lingvist interface, so I hope you don't start adding too much more complication to the Android app.

Yeah I agree, the "levels" information is a bit unnecesary. I don't use the app much because I don't like to type on my phone but a landscape mode, like the Lingvist team sugested, would make it a bit more comfortable to use on my phone.

Looks like your connection to Mobile app support & offline mode was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.