A sip of culture: Russian rock

A Russian music streaming service Yandex Music has released a one-shot video tribute to Viktor Tsoi after the total time spent on listening to his songs on the resource exceeded 1000 years.

Viktor Tsoi would have turned 55 today.

Got any favorite Russian songs too? Share below!

last edited by Marina

Thanks, @Ezekiel-Straße, that's some serious alternative rock 🍾 👠 👹 🤐

Challenging you to a summer song 🌻
Here's my pick, straight from my student days!

Would like to keep this thread fresh!

Posting another track with a tour of Moscow, or, as the band puts it, город-сказка, город-мечта:

last edited by Marina
Lingvist graduate

I couln't chose :) Here some Би-2 et Земфира.

Oooh, @Marine awesome picks!! Thanks!!! I'd definitely pick those tracks as well. Let's continue the thread.

According to the Russian Wikipedia, "Utekay", or Drain Away, recorded by the Mumiy Troll in 1997, was awarded a place on "The 40 Tracks that Changed the World" list composed by the Rolling Stone magazine. I couldn't find the very article to verify it, so we are just left with that - trusting Russian Wikipedia and enjoying the video clip.

By the way, it is said that the model was shaved bald for realz during the shooting of the video, because it's a rock band and stuff has got to be authentic.

last edited by Marina

Видно, в понедельник их мама родила...

last edited by Marina

For all of you to have a blast summer weekend, here's a song that will make you jump like a punk:

Leprikonsy - a Belarussian band, singing about sudden love and how the moments of feeling super outperform the breakup. #thatsmature They sing about it much better 😂

By the way, don't try to make sense of хали-гали, паратрупер & супер-8. These are attraction names in the Minsk amusement park.

Хали-гали! Straight from 1999🤘

last edited by Marina

Ну что, заскучали?

Here's a weekend tune for you about rum and Pepsi-Cola - all that a rock star needs 🎸

Lyrics to help you out:

Дамы и господа! Следующая ниже песня никаким образом не является рекламой компании «Пепси-кола» однако и не бросает тень на ее чудесный продукт. Приятного вам, как говорится, прослушивания!

🤘 Ром и Пепси-кола.💜

Все, конечно, знают: алкоголь ужасно вреден,
А напиток Пепси-кола чрезвычайно полезен.
Итак…

Ром и Пепси-кола –
Это все, что нужно звезде рок-н-ролла.

А вот и наступает утро, я словно заново родился,
Всех еще тошнит, а я уже опохмелился

Ромом с Пепси-колой.
Ведь ром и Пепси-кола –
Это все, что нужно звезде рок-н-ролла. 🤘 🤘

А я залетаю в бар, там принимают товар,
Я говорю бармену: «У меня в душе пожар,
Налей мне ром и Пепси-колу».

Ром и Пепси-кола – это все, что нужно
Звезде рок-н-ролла.

Эх, раз, еще раз, еще много, много раз!
У меня в душе любовь, 💜
А желудок полон масс.

Ром и Пепси-кола – это все, что нужно
Звезде рок-н-ролла.

«Р» – это ром.
«И» – это и просто.
«П» – это Пепси.
А «К» – это…

Ром и Пепси-кола – это все, что нужно, мама,
Звезде рок-н-ролла.

Ром и Пепси-кола.
Ром и Кола…
Звезде рок-н-ролла. 🎸 🎸

Don't want to see a good thread fall into abyss!

Here's a perfect song for beginners in Russian, with an awesome retro footage of Moscow 1980 Olympics.
It only has 4 lines:

Мы обязательно встретимся, слышишь меня, прости.
Там, куда я ухожу - весна.
Я знаю, ты сможешь меня найти,
Не оставайся одна.

Dolphin (or Del'fin in Russian) wrote this song in cooperation with another musician, now late Alexander "Mewark" Petrunin. The former created the lyrics and the latter - the melody.

Fans argue about the meaning of these 4 lines. The video illustration may suggest that it is "an epos about an ageing human soul", a collection of memories that will never come back alive, the feeling of wrinkles in the corners of one's eyes. Like anything in art, the final interpretation is with the listeners.

Итак, "The Spring" by Del'fin:

Мы обязательно встретимся, слышишь меня, прости.
Там, куда я ухожу - весна.
Я знаю, ты сможешь меня найти,
Не оставайся одна.

We will definitely meet again, do you hear me, I am sorry.
There, where I am going to, is spring.
I know you will be able to find me.
Do not remain alone.

last edited by Marina

Looks like your connection to Home was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.