What are milestones?
oulenz last edited by Kaspar
Perhaps not a bug, so forgive me for posting this there. But what are milestones? There's a line of text at the bottom of my screen (Android, learning Russian) saying X cards to next milestone or even THREE CARDS LEFT!, and then, presumably when I hit the milestone.. nothing. It just starts counting from fifty again. And I have not been able to find any record of these 'milestones'. I'm just curious, is all.
Rezan last edited by
Another good idea other than badges is adding estimation of the time to finish a number of words based on my current average spead. For example you will finish x words in n days.. that would be helpful on the statistics page...
I'm enjoying Lingvist so much! I can finally remember the goddamn vocab!
I agree with @Laura. Earning badges might be very motivational, especially if we could compare our progress with friends'.
andy last edited by
Welcome to Lingvist and thanks for your feedback. Glad to hear you are enjoying it so far
Are you using our mobile app or desktop version?
Currently, you can find your list of words learned under the Vocabulary tab in your Progress area (On desktop only for the moment).
Laura last edited by
I've been using it for about a week, but over 100+ cards a day. I'm addicted!
I was expecting a badge or something saying "You've mastered 50 words" or something like that. Or maybe "You've met your practice goal 7 days in a row." Like @oulenz, I am also from Duolingo, but I am here to stay! I haven't been here long but feel that I am learning so much more and at a much faster rate.
Right now, I track my progress by seeing how many new words I've learned and seeing my percentage.
On a side note, if there a list of words that I've already learned with their translations somewhere?
andy last edited by
@oulenz thanks so much for answering my questions. It is really helpful for us to understand our users needs and thoughts about our product.
We've got a lot of ideas to improve Lingvist, so keep an eye out and let us know how you find progressing though the course.
Best of luck with it
oulenz last edited by oulenz
- Downloaded it over a month ago, but only started using it this Saturday, now that Russian has been released
- I was expecting a message that I had hit the milestone. In particular because the intro had also mentioned how 50 cards/day is a good minimum. In addition, I was expecting the milestones to fit into some larger scheme that I would be shown in my profile. (I am coming from Duolingo, so that will have shaped my expectations, but I am actually very happy that with Lingvist, I'm not only getting cards from one topic at one given time but that learning is more fluent/continuous/dynamic.)
- The metric I am now looking at is the number of words displayed in my profile, it is very useful for me to know how high that metric can go (~5000)
andy last edited by andy
Hi @oulenz, Thanks for your feedback. I’m a Product Designer here at Lingvist and I’m currently working on the next version of milestones.
I would be interested to know a couple of things, if you wouldn’t mind sharing -
- How long you’ve been using the app?
- What you were expecting to happen once you hit the milestone?
- If you track your progress at all and, if so, how do you track it?
We’re constantly trying to improve our product and this sort of information is really valuable for us
Les Cullen last edited by
I believe they're yet to implement this in full. But it's there for when they hand out little virtual awards, for example.