No new words also

Hi,
I am really enjoying learning French with Lingvist and am at 1821 words, but suddenly, yesterday, a notification popped up congratulating me and suggesting that I had finished the entire French course (which I gather must be an error as I understand that there are >4000 words required to complete the French course). I am now not getting any new words to learn and am stuck at level 19 of 51 revising words I have previously been exposed to.

Ouch, @Fiona, sorry about that. It's an embarrassing bug. Would you describe or share a screenshot what do you see when you are stuck? Does the app keep showing you the end notification all the time, or are you forever reviewing those 51 repeats?

Dear Marina,

Thanks - I have attached screenshots. You can see that I am only on level 19 of 51, but the app believes that I have finished the course, so today you can see that out of 101 cards, I had no new words. In contrast, on 28/08/17, I had 24 new words, and on 27/08/17, I had 76 new words.

I don't mind revising old cards, but I don't seem able to learn any new words now as the program says I have 1771 words to repeat.

Thanks for looking into this as I so enjoy using the app on my iPhone.

Best wishes,
Fiona

@Fiona as you have 1771 you wouldn't get to new words until you past that number. I hate to break it down to you, but getting "you have finished the course" in the middle of the course is definitely a bug, but everything else could be "by design":

• it's normal not to get new words till repeat stack is not empty.
  • repeat stack could spike suddenly, and it's just how it is.

I doubt it helps, but it may shed some light.

Yes, the bug is that the app thinks I have "finished the whole course" half-way through, so unless the developer knows how to fix it, I shall be doing a lot of revision. By the time I get through these >1700 cards in the stack over several weeks, I will see what happens. If there is still an unresolved bug, I might end up in a loop where there are still no new words as the app may continue to believe that I have finished the course at this point and keep putting cards on the repeat stack. Oh well, c'est la vie!

Looks like your connection to Home was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.