Our Spanish course is about to be updated!!

¡Hola!

Great news if you're already learning or interested in learning Spanish with Lingvist. The Spanish from English course is about to get a bit bigger!

This means more words and more practice for you to use in your small habits and milestones!

The new additions to the Spanish course will be released next week, so watch this space for updates once they're on your Lingvist app.

Haven't tried our Spanish from English course yet? Get started today and let us know how you progress!

¡Feliz aprendizaje!

last edited by Javier

I only got one new word after this, is that correct? My total word count is 3774 and im told i have practised all the words of the course.

Thank you all for the course by the way I love it :)

Hi!

Thanks for contacting Lingvist and you kind words!

Exactly, that's the number of words we've added so far! However, there is another update in the making so, please, stay tuned! ;-)

¡Feliz aprendizaje!

last edited by Javier

This is great news! I thought Spanish also had 5000 instead of 3774 words. Thank you for all the great work you guys do!

When can we expect the update for Spanish?

Cheers!

I'm going to poke the same region as /u/silkandspice.

I feel like the little graph in the vocabulary drop down is a little misleading when compared to the actual scope of the app. It implies knowledge of 5000 words, which would assume that the creator(s) of the app is/are aware of the existence of at least 5000 words... otherwise the graph would be false information.

Are these other words unnecessary as people would pick them up naturally or is there some other reason that the other 1226 words use to construct the graph aren't present?

¡Hola!

Thanks for sharing your questions with the Lingvist community!

As stated on a previous post, our English-Spanish course is still in the making. This means we will continue adding lexical units in small batches (the latests one was last week) until we complete the module (5000 units), probably by the beginning of 2018.

¡Feliz aprendizaje!

Hola Javier!
Muchas gracias!

Looking forward to it. I am doing my daily practice so I think by the time you guys have the whole course ready, I will be ready to start the upcoming units. In the meantime, I will review some words that I found unusual and use other resources to improve my Spanish.

Looks like your connection to Home was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.