Update: Latest features & Lingvist Unlimited

• @ave Nope. It was my stinking bank. However another comment - it's really hard to find the button to sign up for unlimited. Maybe make it more obvious? Thanks!

• @ftt I totally agree with you, we should get a clarification on the timeline regarding the German course. I have also had high hopes that launching of the Lingvist Unlimited will bring us new features in the German course but now it's unclear when will that happen. It also means that designation "Unlimited" is untrue since the new features are limited only to some courses. I sincerely hope new features get introduced to German learners soon.

• Not to sound like a broken record, but can you guys clarify when Unlimited subscribers will see changes for their courses / apps? For example, I use the latest Firefox on desktop and the latest iOS app on my phone and study German. I don't see any changes anywhere (I expected getting access to reading and listening exercises). When am I going to see them? If the feature is not ready, why is it announced?

• @Kiveli-Papadopoulou

BTW: I was speaking about the Spanish course (from English) and Opera 36 browser (equals to Chrome 49+).

• @Kiveli-Papadopoulou

Try opening those challenges on a desktop browser which supports the Web Speech API, like Chrome, Opera.

Opera e.g listed many challenges for me up to level 10.

Only the "Check microphone" button was not working for me anymore....

On Firefox and the Android app (on an emulator) the Challenges symbol is empty.

I do expect that you need to be an account holder for "Lingvist Unlimited" to be able to access the challenges, however it was said in the blog / pricing table that "Lingvist Free" users can access up to one challenge per day....so probably it should work just fine.

• Lingvist graduate

Hello @ave ! I subscribed for Lingvist Unlimited, and even though I updated the app, the challenges section isn't available yet? Also, I'm able to open it on desktop, but there are no challenges there either. When are they going to be released?

• Hello,

I have a account on lingvist since several months to learn English. Now, I will see the news functions with free account, but on the Web I don't find the defi, the read and listen section. I have juste the learning section ?
    Can you help me ?

Thanks for all.

• @vsevolod-zinkevich said in Update: Latest features & Lingvist Unlimited:

Hello. I paid for Lingvist unlimited, but nothing changes. May be I did something wrong?

I am having the same problem. Should I log into Lingvist unlimited after I purchased it?

• Hello. I paid for Lingvist unlimited, but nothing changes. May be I did something wrong?

• Lingvist graduate

Hi all, I too have been having problems with subscribing to Lingvist Unlimited, through multiple cards and similarly to Nick Gorton, not from a lack of funds. I've also cleared the browser cache. I'm really excited for Lingvist Unlimited and would love to partake - does anyone have a fix for this?

• works@Lingvist

Hi @thomas-heiss! I'm afraid our Android team is on vacation over the holidays and I can't answer your questions about emulators.

What I can say is that the "speak to answer" feature is publicly available to all learners in the build you're referring to and you can find it in the Learn section right above the keyboard:

0_1514454885131_Screenshot_20171221-164544.png

• works@Lingvist

Hi @nick-gorton! Sorry to hear this! I have an inkling of what might be wrong. Could you please try clearing your browser cache and see if the payment goes through then?

• I've tried a couple times and every time I try to pay with a credit card, it says "Sorry your order failed to process" which is not lack of funds on my part. Is this a temporary problem?

• @Ave
    Thanks for your reply.

I double checked with a DuoLingo user, who is in your Android app BETA program.

She has this "Voice speaking" button in the "Learn tab" on V2.17.8, even for the Spanish course (and others).

Personally I do NOT see this voice button on the Learn tab in the middle between the other two with V2.17.8 (Android).

Q: Is this a hidden BETA testing feature or publicly already available?

Q: Has it something to do with KOPlayer Android emulator, where maybe the mic is disabled, that this speaking / recording button is not displayed in the Android app in the "Learn" tab with V2.17.8?

Q: What Android emulators are your team using for testing?

I am quite limited with good emulator software, as I do not seem to have the "right" hardware or 64bit OS; many programs do not run, freeze or have audio deactivated.

I do not expect it to be working - on my emulator - very good, but it probably would have been fun quickly testing it out until 12/31/2017.

And Spanish spelling might drive me crazy / the app not recognizing my voice input.

But as I test...an interesting test for fun.

The biggest problem with lingvist and it's "repeat practice stack" is for me, that I am not fast enough, preventing old words to refill my stack.

I badly want to learn NEW / all (easier) words of the Spanish course for my "end of year 2017 challenge"...but I need to be REALLY QUICK to have a chance to get them displayed.

I am a fast typer, but probably not fast enough....

• works@Lingvist

Hi @thomas-heiss! Sorry for the confusion — I was referring to the Learn section in the apps.

• @ave Thanks!

• @Ave

Hi Ave,

where is this "vocabulary builder" on the Android app for the latest app version for the English-Spanish course?

Is it already available to try in 12/2017 on an Android emulator like KOPlayer?

Best regards

Thomas

• works@Lingvist

Hi @maughanster!

On top of having access to the word list and no cap on new words (both daily and overall), Lingvist Unlimited learners will have:

• uncapped access to exercises in the Challenges area. We're rolling them out to different language pairs at a slightly different schedule — check the Spanish course to see a first glimpse of what you can expect. We're very excited about this area in the app and plan to add a lot of rich and interesting learning materials there throughout the year.
    • access to specialized courses — courses that enable you to focus on particular vocabulary topics. We'll roll these out in most language courses in the beginning of 2018 and will continue to expand and refine them throughout the year.
    • the ability to use speech recognition in the apps to answer by speaking in the Vocabulary builder.

Thanks for learning with Lingvist in 2017!

Happy holidays!
    Ave

• I seem to have gotten Lingvist free already. What is different besides the missing word list and the word limit?

• @ave great thanks, looking forward!

Recent topics: