true New words

It is saying "72 new words" when I actually learner maybe 5.
It is more like: "hey, we finally asked you to write these simple words everyone with a very beginner level already know. Despite you know that they are not new we will consider it as new so you can feel wrongly that our tool really works." If the counting of new words does not work? Why showing anyway if I cannot count on the number to realize an approximation of how many words I really learned?

It is considering words that I write correctly in the first time. I already know that word.

Well, why not a test to see what are the words I already know? Maybe ask us to write as many as we remember in many types and contexts: verbs, nouns/animals, fruits/ work, world... Or even make a questionary or something so that we can type entire sentences or something like this.

Also, sometimes we know a word and write it mistyping or with very light misunderstood because of poor translation.

Hello again, @Henry-Heberle!

This one we can't answer without some extra information :) I assume, it has to do with the Portuguese>Englsih course that you studied for one day on December 3rd.

At first, well-done for fast-tracking to the very end of the course! You seem to be fluent in English and in fact, there might not be much we could teach you (which would explain why most of the words are familiar to you). However, I can also see that during that single learning session that you had with us your correctness level was 78%, so there might be something valuable for you, after all. One session is very little data to make any conclusions, so I'd encourage you to give it a few more tries if you are still up for it.

Hope this explains :)

Hello @Marina Thank you for your kind answers

Actually, I like the way Lingvist got me right where I need to learn meanings. I know the basic of English mainly for understanding texts. As you said I may improve my English using Lingvist and I agree.

I was actually talking about German course. As I have already taken a course, I already know some words that the system counts as "new". For instance, imagine a word that appears for the first time in a Card, the word der. I already know this word, so I now write der and send to get the result (wrong or right) from Lingvis. Then I got "right".

Ok, since I wrote it correctly in the first appearance of the word, is it count as new? That is my point. It is saying that I have learned a lot of words in German when I'm not.

What is that concept of "learned" word?

Fisrt it showed me many words I already know. But know after some days it is showing words that I really don't know. That is good. Looks like the systems is learning. Ok.
But still I don't know what the graphics and numbers really mean.

I don't know if the number is an "initial" status, that will get more accurate after many days, or what.
Is "der" that I wrote correctly in the first card counted as a new word? May you talk a little more about it?

I am writing about my experience as a new user. I am trying to motivate me to get those 17 hours that Lingvist talked about on the Blog.

Here are other points:

• When I write a wrong word, but this word actually exists in the dictionary, it would be really good to show its meaning. The user so could realize the difference between the correct word and the wrong word. If he wrote the wrong word, is that he thinks the meaning is x but is y. For instace, it is supposed to write love, but he wrote life. Lingvist only shows "love" to the user, but the user wrote a word that really exists and that he is thinking that "Life" means "love". Show the user both meanings.
  • I still do not know what are the colors dolls at the bottom of each card. I have not found any legend about that the symbols and colors mean. Even in the chart of new/trained words, it is now clear.
  • Sometimes I feel like memorizing "fotos" of words, where position or size of ____ field decides what word I will write, and not the meaning itself. For instance, sometimes a ___, in the end, guides me to write X or W, and a ___ at the beginner guides me to write T or S. Also the sentences are always the same. I feel like if you change the sentence I will not be capable of writing the correct word. Are sentences changed along the "course"? Is there a way to check If I am really learning the words? This also counts in the "new words learned" counting. Just writing the same word in the exact same phrase does not feel like really learned the word. Any comment here?

Thank you very much again

Looks like your connection to Home was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.