Word definition bug
Lingvist graduate

0_1512610475948_5f976f5f-ee04-4222-aa94-3bbdbfa487b3-image.png

I don't think circuler means it isn't easy to get around in Paris

Lingvist graduate

I don't think it's a bug, I think they put it there just as an example. I have spent some time living in France, and that word is very hard to translate properly. To be honest all those other verbs in the list make no sense to me while I look at that segment "on circulait", it's like the translator tried to shoot the bullseye with them but couldn't possibly hit it, and he knew that while he was shooting. I am no Frenchman, but trust me, that sentence is the best possible attempt of translation there. And I feel they had to put it as an example, because "to get around in" would make much less sense.

Lingvist graduate

The translation is only for the verb "circuler". All other dictionaries share the same English translations as this one, except for that long sentence.

If this isn't a bug then it's a weird inconsistent choice.

Lingvist graduate

Yes but it is hard to translate only that word in this specific context without using a sentence as an example. To shortest, relatively exact translation I could think of is "to get places".

Looks like your connection to Home was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.