Suggestion : Faster audio

• Hi! It is great to hear the sentence read to every time, but when you're a more advanced learner of the language and want to go fast through the reviews, it feels very slow sometimes.

It would be great to have an option to change the speed of the audio! To have maybe 3 levels, slow, normal, and fast (maybe 1.5x the current...)

What do you think?

• Lingvist graduate

@Thomas-Heiss
    Well, because I don't use the web app. And evaluating this speaker symbol is a basically zero-cost operation which can be performed by your computer a couple of billion times per second. Why don't you try it, there is a small delay while loading the next card, which I think is a good thing as it gives you the opportunity to read the whole sentence.

• @Jonathan
    Why so complicated?

On the web interface there is the new hub panel on the left side.

If you zoom out (Ctrl + mouse scroll wheel / up-down arrow buttons), there will be a speaker symbol at the bottom of the grey hub panel, to simply activate and deactivate sound.

However, I can almost not imagine that this will speed up the reviews; the developers would have to evaluate this speaker OFF symbol before playing the sound for each word / sentence.

Maybe they do, maybe not...

• Lingvist graduate

Go to account and find “Sound on” in additional settings. Just switch the toggle and you’re good. I’m always doing it for English.

• Lingvist graduate

@jonathan said in Suggestion : Faster audio:

I wouldn’t like to skip the audio, which is already possible by the way.

It's not. After you enter a word correctly, you're forced to listen to the audio before you can go to the next word.

I'm all for audio speed control/volume control.

• Lingvist graduate

I wouldn’t like to skip the audio, which is already possible by the way. But I would welcome a faster option very much. It feels the same for me. At the beginning of my Spanish journey the speed was just right, but now it feels really slow.

• Lingvist graduate

It should just go right into the next word if you press the right arrow after pressing enter. Right now 100 words take around 11-12 mins, but that could be easily be cut down into 5 or 6 if I can skip the audio I've listened to countless times.

Recent topics: