Alternate Payment Options

I'd love to sign up for unlimited, but I don't have a credit card available, like most people in India. Will there be an option to sign up for unlimited using PayPal instead?

I have been trying to subscribe but every time I submit payment I received the error message that the transaction didn’t go through. So I need a customer service number where I can call and provide my billing information in order to become a subscriber. I wish you all a very merry Christmas and happy new year. Lingvist get back to me before the 1st of January 2018.

I have this issue too. I’m from the U.S. and my bank called about fraud prevention, but I approved the transaction to Lingvist and tried again to pay. No luck, not getting any calls form fraud anymore. Just says “Sorry your order couldn’t be processed. Try again later.”

Anirudh you can pay also with debit cards which have online payments enabled. Nowadays more and more debit cards have them enabled. Easy way to check if your card has online payments enabled is to see if the card has on the back side 3 digit security code (CVV), if the code is there then you can pay on internet.

Michael and Jack. I see that most failed payments are caused by a reason that the card issuing bank has declined the payment. The reason for decline could be that you don't have enough money on your account, don't allow international payments, you have exceeded limits, fraud prevention etc. You should contact your bank and ask for a reason from them.

@raul-liive Yes you can use debit cards. I’m from the U.S. and my card holder doesn’t allow out of country transactions. If anyone has a problem with payments, give your card holder a call and they should open international transactions for a day so you can make the purchase. Probably will be a pain again when renewing, but I’m guessing Lingvist can’t do much about that.

It's really weird to have a language learning website taht doesn't have a more foreign-friendly payment method. I, for one, vouch for using Bitcoin.

last edited by John Sage

Thank you for the updates.

We are using Braintree (a PayPal company) services to process all bank card transactions. They are one of the big payment providers out there.

They are based in Europe, so as we, so for people in USA the transactions will seem as international.

Looks like your connection to Home was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.