Cancelling a subscription removes premium - bug? + Challenges not available?

Hey Lingvist, since I can't seem to find a support email on your website I guess I'll have to write a post here... x_x

I signed up for 3 months premium to support your product and continue my learning of french. However, after paying I decided to cancel my subscription just so I wouldn't automatically be charged in 3 months time if I forgot about it (I want to make conscious purchases).

I've noticed two problems. I don't have access to any challenges while on premium trial (that ended yesterday?).

Secondly, I no longer have access to premium after the trial ended. It appears as if when I cancelled my subscription I removed my premium access. This must surely be a bug?

Please let me know as I'll be capped on new words today which makes me sad.

Challenges

Subscription

last edited by Alessandro C

@thomas-heiss said in Cancelling a subscription removes premium - bug? + Challenges not available?:

@alessandro-c
You want to check Ave's answer for French challenges: https://lingvist.com/forum/post/3442

Thanks Thomas. After doing roughly 200 new words in french since Ave's answer was posted I guess the challenges bug perhaps may have something to do with my subscription bug

Even with chrome I cannot find any challenges..

any official support available?

0_1515340938364_Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 17.01.25.png

@Alessandro-C The many challenges I had seen in my list (until level 10) are gone for me - for Spanish - too.

I did not see them ~1-2 days in Firefox, but in Opera.
Now I can not see them in any browser (including Maxthon) for a couple of days.

I have N O T reviewed any words out of 1000 and I also did not learn new words since 12/31/2017....too busy with Portuguese....

I am not sure why the challenge list, I had seen for SP, would only come up when learning new words, as Ave had mentioned....sounds somehow illogical...

If I have news in the next 1-2 weeks after reviewing a few words or learning 20-50 (will probably not happen too soon), I will add my update and let you know.

Hopefully the developer and support team is back from vacation soon to solve the premium issues from you guys....please be patient ;)

Hi,

I bought a yearly subscription, did not cancel it, nor do I intend to. However, I have the same issue. There are no challenges available anymore. When will this be solved?

Thank you.

Same issue, I bought Unlimited for 1 month but I made the mistake to cancel it and now I don't have access to Unlimited anymore.

What the hell, Lingvist? I also rated 1-star on the App Store until this gets fixed.

Thank you for your post.

We are aware of the issue of showing out Lingvist Unlimited status incorrectly after disabling further payments.

The issue affects most severely Webapp and iOS app where subscription screen is empty. On Android it displays out subscription with information leaving assumption that it's not cancelled.

We will update the client apps soon to get it fixed.

You do not loose the premium when you disable the future payments. We have a bug in displaying out your subscription information in the my account view.

We are working already on fixing this bug.

I understand that there is a bug when someone disables future payments. However, I did not disable them, nor do I plan to disable them. Still I have the same issue, no challenges available. Is this a different bug that you are taking care of?

I'm not sure what changed but I can now see my challenges even though under my subscription it doesn't show premium.

@alessandro-c said in Cancelling a subscription removes premium - bug? + Challenges not available?:

I'm not sure what changed but I can now see my challenges even though under my subscription it doesn't show premium.

Correction (Can't seem to edit): I can only see "speak"challenges. Can anyone confirm if "speak" are the only ones that exist?

I can confirm that even though the app says I'm on the Free plan, it actually works as Unlimited. I'll update my App Store review.

I'm learning Spanish and I too can only see speaking challenges.

@alexandra-1 said in Cancelling a subscription removes premium - bug? + Challenges not available?:

ame issue, no challenges available. I

We are sorry that you have this issue.

As your learning French from English then you should be able to do speaking challenges.

Speaking Challenges work on Lingvist Android, iOS apps and on our webapp if your are learning with Google Chrome browser.

Views