Problem reviewing words after limit of 50 new words reached

• From what I understand, the free version will let you learn 50 new words a day and "review as many as you need". However on my Android app I'm unable to review any words after I've reach the 50 new word limit, even though I have words to practice. When I reach the limit I get a screen telling me I've reached the limit and giving me the option to subscribe or stay with free. When I select "stay with free" it sends me back to the progress page. At that point if I select "learn" it again gives me the screen telling me I've reached the limit. Then back to the progress page. Etc. So I can't use the app at all after I've reached the limit.

At lingvist.com I can continue to review words after reaching the limit, but after each card I get the screen telling me I've reach the limit. When I select "stay with free" I get another card - but after that card I get the limit screen again. I have to click though that screen after every word to continue reviewing.

Hope these can be fixed soon, especially the Android app. Love Lingvist by the way!

• I'm also a little frustrated with having the limit screen appear after every new card (after I have learnt the 50 new ones for the day). Having to hit "Stay with free" after every question seems more like a bug than deliberately designed user experience, so I hope it gets fixed soon!

• @thomas-heiss Hey THANKS!! so much for your spot on advice. I was able to get almost 100 new words since yesterday. I now know that if I can squeeze in a little more everyday it will greatly increase my new words frequency. I know that sounds super simple but I really hadnt made the connection. Thanks again!

Another data point: I get 0--30 new words per course per day by doing 50 Spanish cards and 100 Russian cards (I'm a lot worse at Russian than at Spanish...). I spend about 30 minutes on the Russian and 15 minutes or less on the Spanish.

My experience hasn't changed much since Unlimited was launched. I have been doing the same thing for a couple of months now. Before, when I was doing some Lingvist sometimes and then having breaks in between, I got a lot fewer new words -- the system really seems to work best when you work at it diligently every day, even if it's not hours and hours on end every day.

• @thomas-heiss Thank you so much to putting into perspective what I'd have to do in comparison to what I am doing. 2-3 hours a day is madness! You sir are a different kind of motivated. Yatzee, that's a bunch of time. It's great to know that if I wanted to I could accomplish these types of numbers. But I'm not that motivated. Im going to challenge myself to at least 200 words instead of 100. It's still early days and I dont want to burn out. I cant imagine not burning out at 2 hours a day. Side note: When do you work on your comprehension if you commit to this for 2 hours a day? I sincerely thank you for sharing your experience with me.

• @smoothsagetx

This is my challenge experience doing Lingvist for 11 days end of 2017 and finished learning 1000 words with the Spanish (from English; old algorithm, not new German algorithm) course: https://lingvist.com/forum/post/3308

The final statistic screenshots of my 2017 challenge are NOT uploaded yet (beyond day 7 and history summary), but the manually added table numbers in the 1st post are up-to-date already for the new words vs cards ratio.

Summary (My experience):
    YES, you need to do many more than just 100 cards/day, to get 20, 50, 100 or ~150 cards displayed, especially if you learn the language from scratch and you answer many questions - and their reoccuring felt 3-5+ (maybe even 7, I was not counting yet) repetitions - wrong.

The most important is to do it FAST in a single learning session with no breaks in between; you really need to get your repeat stack down to 0-4, max. 10 AND keep it low!!

I got better results (for new words) on Lingvists when pushing over the 1 hour limit = 2-3 hours/day.
    Once you hit a special point in your current learning session (with low repeat stack), Lingvist will spit MANY new words in a row at you.

I could clearly see this one day after 00:00am, 00:30am to 02:00am, where I made the best progress in those 1,5-2h after completing my initial run of 1,5h/52 new words/519 cards before 23:59pm (day session extended to 3h, 139 new words, 1033 cards).

Carlos, who also took part in my 2017 challenge had a quite different experiences for his EN-DE German course(new algorithm), being an intermediate already.

He also uploaded his final history statistic screenshot - and he was able to learn MANY MORE words than me, being a German intermediate.

• What language are you learning because I havent gotten a new word since Christmas! 50 new word a day! Really? What is going on? Is everyone's experience supposed to be this drastically different? I havent been using the service very long, prolly about 2 months so what am I not doing? I do about 100 words about 5 times a week.

Recent topics: