What can we help you with?
How to report a bug?
If something looks like it shouldn’t be happening, it may be a bug. The most challenging thing about bugs is understanding if what seems to be a bug is indeed a bug or a strangely behaving feature. As every learner’s experience is unique, it could be that a mix of variables produces an effect that appears to be a bug but is actually an odd-looking “expected behavior”.
If you’ve noticed something and think it might be a bug, here’s what you can do:
- Take a screenshot of the problem and describe what is not working as expected;
- Tell us what you were doing (step by step) before the bug occurred;
- Note if the bug occurs repeatedly (if so, how frequently) or disappears after you refresh the page / restart the app.
Please also include:
- what kind of device you are on (mobile or desktop);
- if the bug occurs on other devices;
- name of your operating system (e.g., Windows 7 or Android 6.0) and browser (if applicable, e.g., Chrome 53);
- your app version, if you are on a mobile device (go to Account -> Profile and scroll to the very bottom).
This way we have sufficient information to try to reproduce the bug internally – the only way we can find it and fix it.
Please email your bug to us and list the email address which is linked to your Lingvist account.