Frequently Asked Questions
Quickly search our FAQ to find the answer to our most commonly asked questions so you can get back to language learning.
I can't hear anything/ my audio doesn't work!
Every now and then the reason for a missing audio is very simple and can be fixed easily by checking the three things explained below.
Check if it is enabled in three places:
The Sound toggle under “Settings”.
- Your phone (the hardware – if you have a mute button)
- On the volume control (make sure it isn’t reduced to zero)
On our web app
Check if it is enabled in two places:
- The Audio setting on the left side, as shown below:
- Your computer/ speakers (the hardware)
If you’ve made sure that it is enabled everywhere but there is still no sound, check your Internet connection. Audio may go missing in case of a slow or unstable Internet connection.
Finally, if you’ve checked all of the aforementioned and the audio is still missing, it is most likely a bug. Please shoot us an email and share with us the following:
- Is the audio missing everywhere on the app (cards, Challenges, going one card back)?
- Does the audio go missing after a while or right away?
- Does the audio come back if you restart the app?
- Does the audio come back if you use headphones?
Unless you are sending an email from the app, please list your app version (Account, scroll down), your device type (desktop/ iOS/ Android), and where you are using the app (mobile app or a browser > name, version).